Function: The Training and Development Manager is responsible for developing and updating the organization's training strategy, overseeing its implementation, and assessing its outcomes, for all employees and departments. The Training and Development Manager collaborates with both the leadership team and departmental subject matter experts to ensure achievement of the training program objectives. The Training and Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of training, including strategy, design, development, implementation, execution, assessment and record-keeping. This position also facilitates and manages the PDI Corporate Training Program and Intern Program.
Competency Profile Includes:
- Values that promote and contribute to the Team’s Success and the PDI brand
- Ability to develop and deliver training programs with enthusiasm and creativity
- Possess a passionate and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively
- Compliance with all policies and procedures
Reports Directly to: Director of Marketing - The Training and Development Manager oversees the organization-wide training program, assesses needs of internal departments, and implements curricula as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with leadership to identify training goals and develops strategy for training programs for all departments.
- Supervises the Learning and Development Specialist, Showroom Trainer, Delivery Driver Trainer, Corporate Trainees, and Interns.
- Works closely with other members of leadership to ensure department training goals and requirements.
- Leads strategic planning for the Training group and ensures timely completion of identified training priorities and initiatives.
- Manages budget and resources (internal and external) to support the execution of all training strategies.
Training Program Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains training department policies, procedures, and the PDI Training Plan.
- Establishes training guidelines, materials, and processes in collaboration with PDI department managers, training partners, and identifies Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within all divisions.
- Creates and maintains relationships with outside vendors and manufacturers to expand the PDI knowledge base and use of external resources.
- Collaborates with the Process Engineer, Director of Operations, and Director of Sales to provide training solutions for process improvement.
- Assesses learning and development needs and prioritization by collaborating with PDI Leadership. Develops a strategic training plan to meet PDI’s training needs.
- Serves as Training SME for PDI projects as needed as a consultant or advisor. Serves as SME for adult learning and instructional design, as needed.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training, training programs, and overall PDI training program. Develops tests and assessments to establish effectiveness.
- Oversees administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) to maintain accurate and timely training records.
- Provides effective employee training reporting to managers to ensure compliance with training requirements and to help them develop each employee's training plan for the following year.
- Oversees maintenance of training records to ensure appropriate records are maintained for all internal and external training courses.
- Serves as training representative for internal audits and reviews.
- Coordinates training events/functions and manages training logistics within the training budget.
- Direct PDI Corporate Training Program and ensure trainees receive proper training and guidance to have successful careers at PDI upon completion of the program.
- Develop, coordinate, and administer PDI Intern Program.
Instructional Design Responsibilities:
- Designs curriculum and coursework for identified training needs, using adult learning theories, as needed.
- Develops working knowledge/expertise on operational, sales, and business practices to develop effective training materials.
Develops and creates video, eLearning, instructor-led, and virtual courses, as needed.
- Actively participate in 40+ hours of approved corporate and/or vendor provided trainings, cross-trainings, and self-development trainings; while following all minimums and maximums laid out in the training expectations
- Continually seeks new and creative ways to grow internally and externally as a leader at PDI